Saturday, September 10, 2011

By Their Fruits

The Question was asked: "Just wondering... Do you think: What you say, what you wear, music you blare from your vehicle or places you frequent reflect the real you? What is your opinion on this one folks?"

Well... There is this verse in the bible where Jesus addresses an issue likened to this:

(Mat 11:17-19 NLT)  "'We played wedding songs, and you weren't happy, so we played funeral songs, but you weren't sad.' {18} For John the Baptist didn't drink wine and he often fasted, and you say, 'He's demon possessed.' {19} And I, the Son of Man, feast and drink, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of the worst sort of sinners!' But wisdom is shown to be right by what results from it.""


Summer of 2001
I was standing on a foot bridge overlooking a popular park here in Eugene... and whoa!  There was a boom-box blaring and the whole scene looked like a hippie commune from 1970.  Nekked girls and all...  I was disgusted and said, "Dear Lord, get me out of here (Eugene)"

 I was leaning on the rail and the Holy Spirit barked at me like a Drill Sergent and said, "Stand up straight and look out there" referring to the whole park; "I love everyone of those people; I died for them; and I expect you to do the same". 

A week later I was out of food and looking around for something to pawn. When this ragged individual knocked on my door... She smelled like a brewery, she looked like something you would find behind a dumpster... "Here she said, God told me and my friends to bring you food" They carried in 5 bags of groceries. Since then, I have been 100% dependent on God for everything. AND... He never sends me anything via the churches around here. You have never been humbled until a single mom, with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, knocks on your door and hands you her last $5.00 ... I had to learn the hard way... to not judge a person by what they look like or where they are... I have a million stories about that ... I go by... the fruits...  What happened.. what changed.. what magnificent thing is God doing in the wake of that persons life ?  

Matt 7 is a good chapter to read:

(Mat 7:17-23 NLT)  "A healthy tree produces good fruit, and an unhealthy tree produces bad fruit. {18} A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit. {19} So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire. {20} Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced. {21} "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'Lord,' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. {22} On judgment day many will tell me, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' {23} But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized.'"

Sheesh, I should blog on this issue... LOL.. I could really go on this subject.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Come On... Just Say Hi !